1. Make Unprocessed, Organically Grown, Whole Foods the basis of your diet
- fish, poultry and animals raised humanely and allowed to grow and eat the way nature intended (& without all the added chemicals, antibiotics, etc…).
- fruits and veggies picked from the tree or pulled from the earth (without pesticides and chemicals if possible… otherwise wash carefully).
2. Shop fresh, local, and seasonal as often as possible
3. Learn to Cook from Scratch
- Develop a repertoire of fast, easy, simple foods your family actually likes (so you don’t end up in the drive-thru or eating unhealthy, processed food at home).
4.Wean Yourself Off of Sugar! If you must have it, try ever decreasing amounts of the following:
- raw honey,
- date sugar,
- unrefined cane sugar,
- sorghum syrup and
- brown rice syrup
5. Start using traditional fats that have been used for 1000’s and 1000’s of years
- extra virgin olive oil
- butter from grass fed cows
- coconut oil
- fish, poultry and meat from animals raised and fed the way nature intended
6. Be phobic about fake fats ….
- partially hydrogenated,
- processed vegetable oils…
- basically, all processed, altered fats.
7. Learn to READ labels
8. Ditch boxes and packages and try to stick to single ingredient foods:
- a bag of brown rice,
- a package of butter (from grass fed cows),
- a bottle of olive oil,
- a pint of honey, etc
- an apple
- a carton of organic eggs
“Yes” re the above?? How about the below?
I know that all of you have either made your own or have seen thoughtful resolutions… we could spend days coming up with worthwhile ways to live our lives. Even so, I cut this out and had it sticking on my bulletin board.. don’t know where I got it or even how long ago.. maybe last year.. but I thought I’d throw it in for anyone who’s hankering for some good thoughts to think…
Resolutions for a Happy New Year
No one will ever get out of this world alive. Resolve therefore to maintain a reasonable sense of values.
Take care of yourself. Good health is everyone’s major source of wealth. Without it, happiness is almost impossible.
Resolve to be cheerful & helpful. People will repay you in kind.
Avoid angry, abrasive persons. They are generally vengeful.
Avoid zealots. They are generally humorless.
Resolve to listen more and to talk less. No one ever learns anything by talking.
Be wary of giving advice. Wise men don’t need it and fools won’t heed it.
Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak & wrong. Sometime in life you will hve been all of these.
Do not equate money with success. There are many successful money-makers who are miserable failures as human beings. What counts most about success is how a person achieves it.